152 items found, showing page 1 of 13
21 August 2019, 08:14
Bank Holiday DIY warning – tackling jobs you’re not qualified for could invalidate your home insurance
- Only 43% of homeowners would employ a professional tradesperson to carry out home maintenance work;
- 29% of DIY-ers would attempt plumbing jobs, 24% would undertake electrical work while 13% would try to fix the boiler or central heating;
- Standard home insurance, with-out accidental damage cover, is unlikely to cover your property or possessions against a DIY disaster.
19 August 2019, 08:26
- Analysis2 reveals that since 2012, increases in compulsory excesses for fire, theft and accidental damage claims have outstripped inflation3;
- Depending on the policy, drivers face excesses of up to £3,000 for excesses for accidental damage, theft and fire-related claims;
- 62% of drivers admitted they would have to raid savings or turn to credit to pay their excess, in the event of a claim;
- GoCompare Car Insurance’s new free excess protection will pay-out up to £250 for qualifying4 car insurance claims.
06 August 2019, 08:56
- 85% of homeowners have updated their property in the last 5 years;
- Interior redecoration, new bathrooms and flooring top the home improvement list;
- Home fashion trends account for 8% of improvement works;
- GoCompare Home Insurance warns that major improvement works might invalidate home insurance cover.
16 July 2019, 10:02
24 April 2019, 10:39
- 50% of motorists think it should be illegal for insurers to charge existing customers more than new customers for the same cover;
- Most (61%) drivers say new customers get a better deal on their insurance than those renewing their cover;
- Motorists could save up to £247.29** by shopping-around for car insurance using GoCompare Car Insurance