216 items found, showing page 1 of 18
17 September 2020, 09:38
- Two in five (42%) British drivers admit feeling more stress and heartache following a car theft, than being dumped (33%) or even losing a pet (39%)
- A fifth (20%) claim having your car stolen is one of the worst things in life that you can experience
- Security expert, Michael Fraser and GoCompare have shared top tips to protect yourself against keyless car theft - the latest trick of tech-savvy criminals
14 September 2020, 10:20
Figures from GoCompare reveal that 55% of travel insurance sales are now 4 or 5 star Defaqto rated products
- Over 40% of travellers specifically choosing policies with extended Covid cover
- Despite move to more comprehensive cover, year on year premiums only up 7.4%
- Most popular destinations currently Turkey and Greece, followed by Italy, Portugal and Spain.
09 September 2020, 10:50
GoCompare summarises the key dates and temporary arrangements impacting motorists
- New announcements impact driver licencing and support measures for policyholders
- 395,000 more driving tests to be made available from 14 September
- Vehicles with an MOT due date of 1 August 2020 onwards will be tested as usual following early ending of Temporary Exemption Certificates.
07 September 2020, 11:46
GoCompare reminds drivers to shop around as peak car insurance renewal season is set to be busier than ever
- Figures reveal 21% of motorists allowed their insurer to auto-renew their policy in last 12 months.
- Number of drivers auto-renewing is at its highest level since February 2017.
- 40% increase in drivers auto-renewing their insurance (compared with February 2020).
- Drivers who allow their insurance to automatically renew without checking prices could be out of pocket by up to £289.
01 September 2020, 09:38
27 July 2020, 15:43
15 July 2020, 09:56
E-scooter trend: GoCompare warns drivers that use of privately-owned e-scooters could cost them their licence
- 376% increase in online searches for e-scooters during lockdown as craze takes-off.
- But drivers face a £300 fine and six penalty points on their licence for a using private e-scooter on public roads, cycle lanes or pavements.
- Newly qualified drivers could face losing their licence.
- Legal government trial for rental e-scooters underway to evaluate future regulation.
06 July 2020, 10:28
01 July 2020, 10:17
MOT extension warning: Drivers warned to ensure their car is safe to drive as research reveals 9.3m cars need repair
Research reveals 29% of drivers admit knowing their car needs repairing.
Motorists with an MOT expiry date on or after 1 August do not qualify for the six-month extension and must book a test as usual.
- Known defects include seriously dangerous faults including worn tyres, brake related problems, issues with lights or seatbelts and, windscreen repairs.
- 17% of motorists are driving a car displaying a service or warning light.
- Drivers can be prosecuted for driving a vehicle that is unsafe or not in a roadworthy condition.
- GoCompare Car Insurance reminds drivers that garages are open for car repairs, MOT tests and servicing.