209 items found, showing page 1 of 18
27 July 2020, 15:43
15 July 2020, 09:56
E-scooter trend: GoCompare warns drivers that use of privately-owned e-scooters could cost them their licence
- 376% increase in online searches for e-scooters during lockdown as craze takes-off.
- But drivers face a £300 fine and six penalty points on their licence for a using private e-scooter on public roads, cycle lanes or pavements.
- Newly qualified drivers could face losing their licence.
- Legal government trial for rental e-scooters underway to evaluate future regulation.
06 July 2020, 10:28
01 July 2020, 10:17
MOT extension warning: Drivers warned to ensure their car is safe to drive as research reveals 9.3m cars need repair
Research reveals 29% of drivers admit knowing their car needs repairing.
Motorists with an MOT expiry date on or after 1 August do not qualify for the six-month extension and must book a test as usual.
- Known defects include seriously dangerous faults including worn tyres, brake related problems, issues with lights or seatbelts and, windscreen repairs.
- 17% of motorists are driving a car displaying a service or warning light.
- Drivers can be prosecuted for driving a vehicle that is unsafe or not in a roadworthy condition.
- GoCompare Car Insurance reminds drivers that garages are open for car repairs, MOT tests and servicing.
15 June 2020, 09:41
09 June 2020, 10:04
- Suspected fraudster arrested for selling fake car cover and offering it to NHS workers at a discount.
- Motorists could be driving uninsured after buying ‘cheap’ car insurance via social media scams.
- Unsuspecting victims face serious consequences including disqualification from driving or a criminal record.
- GoCompare Car Insurance shares tips on legitimate ways to cut the cost of cover.
03 June 2020, 10:31
Used car boom – GoCompare warns drivers to check insurance before test driving a used car as new car shortage looms
- Shortage of new cars due to Covid lockdown closing factories is expected to lead to a boom in used car sales,
- Insurance is a must for test drives but most (92%) policies don’t cover policyholders to drive cars other than their own,
- A car’s group rating has a significant impact on the cost of insurance – so check before you buy,
- GoCompare Car Insurance shares tips on getting a good deal on car insurance.
19 May 2020, 09:27
15 May 2020, 10:44