357 items found, showing page 10 of 30
- GoCompare Car Insurance outlines factors contributing to depreciation and steps drivers can take to protect themselves.
- Six key factors that influence depreciation rate including, make, colour and fuel type.
- Guaranteed Asset Protection (GAP) insurance can bridge the difference between a total-loss insurance pay-out and car’s purchase price.
Mobile phone, slippers, kettle – top three items repaired, replaced or upgraded in last 12 months
- 9million1 UK adults had their mobile phone repaired or upgraded in the last year.
- 21% of adults replaced their slippers – the equivalent of 10.8 million1
- 7m toasters needed repairing or replacing during the pandemic.
- GoCompare Home Insurance is urging households to check their home contents to make sure their new acquisitions are covered.
As five of the big energy providers announce sweeping price hikes, GoCompare encourages homeowners to shop around now
- Average of more than 9% increase across the board from four of the biggest providers, British Gas, EDF, Npower, E.ON and SSE*
- These five combined provide energy to nearly two thirds** of UK households
- Some regions will see around an 11.6% increase on their bills
March registrations: Joining the EV revolution? Drivers warned to compare premiums to get the best insurance deals
Research finds electric cars DON’T have to cost more to insure than conventional cousins
- Latest figures* from the Society of Motor Manufacturers and Traders show ‘green’ cars outselling diesels for the first time in 2020
- GoCompare research finds that insurer appetite and pricing for electric models varies widely
- Shopping around means electric versions of cars are not always more expensive to insure
- Battery Electric Vehicle (BEV) market share increased by over 400% year on year from 1.6% in 2019 to 6.6% of overall UK car market in 2020
- Around 17% of cars sold in 2020 had some level of electric running capability.
Almost 3 million more motorists auto-renewed policy compared to Feb 2020
- Drivers auto-renewing could collectively be paying £2.1bn more than they need to.
- Warning comes ahead of one of the busiest months for car insurance renewals.
- New research reveals 24% of motorists allowed their insurer to auto-renew their policy in last 12 months – up from 15%.
- Drivers who allow their insurance to auto-renew without checking prices could each be out of pocket by up to £277.
- Buyers of 21-numberplated cars face a non-traditional sales process.
- Online research essential for buyers with showrooms shuttered and test drives banned.
- Check insurance group for clues on safety, security and repair costs.
- Shop-around to check insurance costs and see if you can get a better deal.
According to GoCompare data, the average price of a pup is now £1,900* but less than half of pet insurers offer more than £1,000 should your dog go missing.
As cost of policyholders’ contributions to claims increase by up to 47% - drivers are urged
to consider the total costs of car insurance
- The average compulsory excess for theft claims has risen by 47% in the last 12 months1
- Compulsory excesses for accidental damage and fire claims have increase by 26%, on average
- GoCompare Car Insurance’s free excess protection will pay-out up to £250 for qualifying car insurance claims2.
- 43% of Brits didn’t switch any of the 10 most popular financial products in the last year.
- 88% of Brits are looking to make savings on essential outgoings and bills in 2021.
- GoCompare warns blind loyalty to financial product providers and utility companies collectively costs Brits £billions in overpriced premiums.
- Reminder to check home insurance policy for valuable emergency cover
- 26% of buildings insurance policies automatically include home emergency cover
- 49% offer cover as an additional extra
40% of Brits facing a financially ‘very difficult’ year
GoCompare Car Insurance summarises key information and help for motorists