259 items found, showing page 5 of 22
- A third of Brits have experienced a drop in their income due to the COVID crisis.
- 3.6 million people are worried about not being able to pay their bills.1
- Most households (71%) are taking action to reduce their outgoings.
- On average, money saving tactics saving people £95 a month.
New research reveals 40% increase in drivers auto-renewing their insurance
GoCompare Car Insurance warns drivers to check their car insurance, rescue cover and local driving laws before heading abroad
Insurance comparison site GoCompare has welcomed a proposal from the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) to extend the temporary measures introduced on 18 May 2020 to help customers struggling to pay their insurance premiums, as a result of the Coronavirus pandemic.
E-scooter trend: GoCompare warns drivers that use of privately-owned e-scooters could cost them their licence
- 376% increase in online searches for e-scooters during lockdown as craze takes-off.
- But drivers face a £300 fine and six penalty points on their licence for a using private e-scooter on public roads, cycle lanes or pavements.
- Newly qualified drivers could face losing their licence.
- Legal government trial for rental e-scooters underway to evaluate future regulation.
New driver backlogs: Stand-in driving instructors risk breaking the law trying to help 370,000* lockdown learners
- Driving lessons and tests can restart this month in England, but a four-month backlog could make booking professional lessons difficult
- An estimated 370,000 new drivers may have been held back by the lockdown
- Stand-in instructors must know the law regarding supervising learner drivers
MOT extension warning: Drivers warned to ensure their car is safe to drive as research reveals 9.3m cars need repair
Research reveals 29% of drivers admit knowing their car needs repairing.
Motorists with an MOT expiry date on or after 1 August do not qualify for the six-month extension and must book a test as usual.
- Known defects include seriously dangerous faults including worn tyres, brake related problems, issues with lights or seatbelts and, windscreen repairs.
- 17% of motorists are driving a car displaying a service or warning light.
- Drivers can be prosecuted for driving a vehicle that is unsafe or not in a roadworthy condition.
- GoCompare Car Insurance reminds drivers that garages are open for car repairs, MOT tests and servicing.
Destination ‘Costa del Casa’: New data shows a huge increase in people looking to buy swimming pools, hot tubs and pizza ovens for their 2020 ‘garden-cations’
- Google Trends data shows an increase of 1600% for searches for above ground swimming pools since lockdown began
- Warning that outdoor equipment may not be covered by home contents insurance
- Suspected fraudster arrested for selling fake car cover and offering it to NHS workers at a discount.
- Motorists could be driving uninsured after buying ‘cheap’ car insurance via social media scams.
- Unsuspecting victims face serious consequences including disqualification from driving or a criminal record.
- GoCompare Car Insurance shares tips on legitimate ways to cut the cost of cover.
Used car boom – GoCompare warns drivers to check insurance before test driving a used car as new car shortage looms
- Shortage of new cars due to Covid lockdown closing factories is expected to lead to a boom in used car sales,
- Insurance is a must for test drives but most (92%) policies don’t cover policyholders to drive cars other than their own,
- A car’s group rating has a significant impact on the cost of insurance – so check before you buy,
- GoCompare Car Insurance shares tips on getting a good deal on car insurance.