205 items found, showing page 5 of 18
23 September 2019, 11:50
05 September 2019, 10:13
27 August 2019, 08:50
- 13% of motorists allow their insurers to automatically renew their policy without shopping around to check whether they’re getting a good deal;
- Renewing without checking prices costs drivers a collective £500m a year;
- 20% of drivers have been with the same insurer for 3 years or more;
- Motorists who pay for insurance in monthly installments are 55% more likely to allow their cover to renew automatically than those who pay annually.
21 August 2019, 08:14
Bank Holiday DIY warning – tackling jobs you’re not qualified for could invalidate your home insurance
- Only 43% of homeowners would employ a professional tradesperson to carry out home maintenance work;
- 29% of DIY-ers would attempt plumbing jobs, 24% would undertake electrical work while 13% would try to fix the boiler or central heating;
- Standard home insurance, with-out accidental damage cover, is unlikely to cover your property or possessions against a DIY disaster.
19 August 2019, 08:26
- Analysis2 reveals that since 2012, increases in compulsory excesses for fire, theft and accidental damage claims have outstripped inflation3;
- Depending on the policy, drivers face excesses of up to £3,000 for excesses for accidental damage, theft and fire-related claims;
- 62% of drivers admitted they would have to raid savings or turn to credit to pay their excess, in the event of a claim;
- GoCompare Car Insurance’s new free excess protection will pay-out up to £250 for qualifying4 car insurance claims.
06 August 2019, 08:56
- 85% of homeowners have updated their property in the last 5 years;
- Interior redecoration, new bathrooms and flooring top the home improvement list;
- Home fashion trends account for 8% of improvement works;
- GoCompare Home Insurance warns that major improvement works might invalidate home insurance cover.
16 July 2019, 10:02