13 May 2020, 10:42
Over 7.5 million holidaymakers in limbo over summer travel plans
New GoCompare guide offers up to date advice for worried travellers
25 March 2020, 09:19
Financial scam warning as cybercriminals exploit COVID-19 pandemic fears
GoCompare shares 5 tips for guarding against financial fraud
28 February 2020, 14:15
Travel insurance purchases soar by 277% amidst growing fears of Coronavirus spread
GoCompare offers travel insurance advice ahead of the Easter break as Coronavirus travel disruption increases
20 January 2020, 10:13
Revealed: £544m** – the cost of paying monthly for car insurance
- Paying monthly adds £55.36** to the average motor insurance policy;
- Young drivers could see up to £257 added to their premium;
- Instalments add 11.8%* to the cost of car insurance, on average;
- Study reveals paying monthly can add between 6.8% and 17.7% to your premium.
If you have a question for our industry experts, want to get the scoop on the latest consumer trends or have a question for our media team, get in touch.
27 July 2020, 15:43
15 July 2020, 09:56
E-scooter trend: GoCompare warns drivers that use of privately-owned e-scooters could cost them their licence
- 376% increase in online searches for e-scooters during lockdown as craze takes-off.
- But drivers face a £300 fine and six penalty points on their licence for a using private e-scooter on public roads, cycle lanes or pavements.
- Newly qualified drivers could face losing their licence.
- Legal government trial for rental e-scooters underway to evaluate future regulation.
06 July 2020, 10:28
01 July 2020, 10:17
MOT extension warning: Drivers warned to ensure their car is safe to drive as research reveals 9.3m cars need repair
Research reveals 29% of drivers admit knowing their car needs repairing.
Motorists with an MOT expiry date on or after 1 August do not qualify for the six-month extension and must book a test as usual.
- Known defects include seriously dangerous faults including worn tyres, brake related problems, issues with lights or seatbelts and, windscreen repairs.
- 17% of motorists are driving a car displaying a service or warning light.
- Drivers can be prosecuted for driving a vehicle that is unsafe or not in a roadworthy condition.
- GoCompare Car Insurance reminds drivers that garages are open for car repairs, MOT tests and servicing.