357 items found, showing page 9 of 30
- Millions of drivers don’t understand the MOT process.
- 44% of drivers are unaware that an expired MOT would risk invalidating their car insurance.
- 26% of motorists think an MOT guarantees their car will be safe to drive for the next 12 months.
- GoCompare customers buying car insurance cover before 15 June are eligible for an MOT for a tenner voucher, a saving around £442.
But research suggest only 13% are happy to travel abroad this year
- GoCompare offers customers £250 free excess cover when they purchase car insurance
- Customer savings have now amounted to one million pounds since it launched in 2019
- Foreign holidays are off the cards for most Brits with only 13% say they are happy to travel abroad.
- Two thirds of UK adults are planning a staycation this year.
- Hotels, B&Bs and self-catering accommodation top the list of staycations.
- 71% holidaying in the UK won’t protect their staycation with travel insurance.
- Getting their car through its annual MOT test causes 58% of drivers to feel stressed.
- Cost of potential repairs to pass the MOT test causes the most anxiety.
- High stress levels partly the result of the Covid MOT test extension last year.
- 10% of drivers who received a Covid test extension now don’t know when their test is due.
- GoCompare Car Insurance is offering customers an MOT of a tenner, a saving of around £442.
- Drivers using their own car for commuting or work purposes need to make sure they have the appropriate level of cover, otherwise they could unwittingly invalidate their car insurance, should they need to make a claim.
- Revised guidance applies to drivers, including key workers, using their own car to commute to work or to drive to different locations for work.
- Volunteer drivers are urged to check their car insurance policy documents to make sure they follow any conditions, such as informing their insurer of their activities.
- 6% of households say they no longer need a car
- The end of the commute - biggest positive from pandemic for 17% of people
- GoCompare offers car owners an MOT for £10
- Offer will help support local garages and remind car owners to renew their MOT
- Car owners driving with an expired MOT could receive a £1,000 fine
As golf courses open across the UK, GoCompare lets hole in one heroes in on an insurance perk they may not know about
GoCompare has found that 16 out of 395 home contents insurance policies go a ‘fairway’ to covering policy holders for post-hole-in-one celebratory costs
5th anniversary of compulsory microchipping of dogs: Owners urged to check microchip details up-to-date
Reminder comes as both the value of pets and cases of pet theft are on the rise
- GoCompare Home insurance urges home movers to get in touch with their contents insurer to make sure their belongings are insured between homes.
- Most (76%) home insurance policies1 which cover house removals, only do so if the contents have been packed and transported by professional removal contractors.
- Moving home can be a good time to shop-around for a better deal on home insurance.
13% have turned hobby into a business or started a side-hustle
- Baking, reading, and home exercising topped the list of boredom busting hobbies.
- Top side-hustles include online selling, home maintenance, dog walking, bicycle courier, tutoring and online classes.
- GoCompare warns ‘Stay at Home’ hobbies and side-hustles may affect home insurance.