259 items found, showing page 4 of 22
- New research2 reveals 35% of UK households have seen their income fall compared with this time last year.
- Over a third (34%) of households will spend less celebrating Christmas this year.
- 18 to 24-year olds have been the hardest hit by the Covid recession with 49% seeing a cut in income.
- Lockdown has resulted in millions of MOTs being deferred – but drivers must keep their cars properly maintained regardless of MOT status
- Motorists warned to check their car is winter ready - simple tasks include checks to tyres, lights, windscreens, and anti-freeze levels.
- Drivers can be prosecuted for driving a car which is unsafe or not roadworthy.
- GoCompare Car Insurance shares five tasks to keep your car road-legal this winter.
- New lockdown rules coupled with economic uncertainty, create perfect conditions for fraudulent activity.
- Motorists urged to guard against fake vehicle sales, insurance broker fraud, DVLA scams and staged car accident fraud.
- GoCompare shares tips to help people avoid falling victim to fraudsters.
EV car insurance costs more and premiums vary widely, warns GoCompare
- September new registrations show new ‘Green’ cars sales up 166% on a year ago.1
- GoCompare research finds that the average annual premium for a VW e-Golf is 26% higher than the equivalent diesel model, the 1.6 TDI.
- Insurer appetite and pricing for electric models varies widely – EV drivers must shop around!
New ads focus on the voice behind GoCompare’s brand icon
- Two in five (42%) British drivers admit feeling more stress and heartache following a car theft, than being dumped (33%) or even losing a pet (39%)
- A fifth (20%) claim having your car stolen is one of the worst things in life that you can experience
- Security expert, Michael Fraser and GoCompare have shared top tips to protect yourself against keyless car theft - the latest trick of tech-savvy criminals
Figures from GoCompare reveal that 55% of travel insurance sales are now 4 or 5 star Defaqto rated products
- Over 40% of travellers specifically choosing policies with extended Covid cover
- Despite move to more comprehensive cover, year on year premiums only up 7.4%
- Most popular destinations currently Turkey and Greece, followed by Italy, Portugal and Spain.
GoCompare summarises the key dates and temporary arrangements impacting motorists
- New announcements impact driver licencing and support measures for policyholders
- 395,000 more driving tests to be made available from 14 September
- Vehicles with an MOT due date of 1 August 2020 onwards will be tested as usual following early ending of Temporary Exemption Certificates.
GoCompare reminds drivers to shop around as peak car insurance renewal season is set to be busier than ever
- Figures reveal 21% of motorists allowed their insurer to auto-renew their policy in last 12 months.
- Number of drivers auto-renewing is at its highest level since February 2017.
- 40% increase in drivers auto-renewing their insurance (compared with February 2020).
- Drivers who allow their insurance to automatically renew without checking prices could be out of pocket by up to £289.