249 items found, showing page 2 of 21
- 16% of Brits have started 2021 with a credit card debt and 12% will remain in debt all year.
- 24% of Brits know they could save money on their card and loan interest, but only 9% switched credit cards last year.
- GoCompare Money provides tips on managing credit card debt.
- Wellbeing support made standard for those arranging life insurance through GoCompare
- ONS figures show that adults experiencing depression doubled in 2020
According to new research1 from GoCompare Money, 88% of Brits are looking to make savings on essential outgoings and bills in 2021, including the grocery bill, TV, mobile and internet contracts and car insurance costs.
But Brits have just seven weeks to change their ways in the New Year!
- Lose weight, save the environment and get off social media – Brits plan for 2021.
- Mental health resolutions top for almost a third
- Seven weeks – the average length of time New Year’s Resolutions last.
- A quarter pledge to sort out finances and cut back spending.
- Less time on social media is now bigger resolution than cutting back on drinking or smoking.
- Not seeing friends & family and loved ones catching coronavirus top Brits’ concerns this Christmas
- Over a third of Brits are worried that 25 December 2020 won’t feel like Christmas
- Health is a key concern – including Covid-19 and mental health issues
- Financial worries include finding enough work, affording Christmas, and paying winter bills
- GoCompare Money shares advice for those experiencing financial difficulties
- Festive foods, drink and plants can be toxic to cats and dogs.
- Pet owners are urged to be careful in their choice of Christmas decorations.
- Antifreeze, frozen water, and frostbite - white Christmas hidden dangers for pets.
- GoCompare Pet Insurance offers tips on how to pet-proof your Christmas.
Space to think: Report finds Interruptions by kids, inadequate tech and having to move around the house to find a place to work have left 15% of home workers feeling stressed
- 19% say they are now fed-up with working from home
- 14% are working from the sofa and 6% are working from their bed
- 1 in 10 have experienced an embarrassing video call due to their home set-up
- Half of homeworkers have had to spend money improving their working space
- Analysis of over 400 home insurance policies1 reveals a huge variation in cover for bicycles.
- 10% of home contents policies exclude any cover for cycles.
- Only 8% of home contents policies automatically cover cycles away from the home.
- Consider stand-alone bicycle insurance to ensure your cycle is properly protected.
Brits zhush things up at home for the sake of their mental health
- GoCompare Home Insurance warns work could invalidate home insurance.
- 46% of Brits are planning home improvements in the run-up to Christmas.
- 36% are concerned about or unable to get tradespeople in due to Covid-19.
- Most (54%) people are planning to do the work themselves.
- However, only 39% say they are competent to do the jobs.
Pet owners can now add up to six pets to one quote
With the likes of Cinch and Cazoo omni-present on lockdown TV screens, GoCompare looks at the insurance cover provided as part of the deal