231 items found, showing page 1 of 20
Space to think: Report finds Interruptions by kids, inadequate tech and having to move around the house to find a place to work have left 15% of home workers feeling stressed
- 19% say they are now fed-up with working from home
- 14% are working from the sofa and 6% are working from their bed
- 1 in 10 have experienced an embarrassing video call due to their home set-up
- Half of homeworkers have had to spend money improving their working space
- Analysis of over 400 home insurance policies1 reveals a huge variation in cover for bicycles.
- 10% of home contents policies exclude any cover for cycles.
- Only 8% of home contents policies automatically cover cycles away from the home.
- Consider stand-alone bicycle insurance to ensure your cycle is properly protected.
Brits zhush things up at home for the sake of their mental health
- GoCompare Home Insurance warns work could invalidate home insurance.
- 46% of Brits are planning home improvements in the run-up to Christmas.
- 36% are concerned about or unable to get tradespeople in due to Covid-19.
- Most (54%) people are planning to do the work themselves.
- However, only 39% say they are competent to do the jobs.
Pet owners can now add up to six pets to one quote
With the likes of Cinch and Cazoo omni-present on lockdown TV screens, GoCompare looks at the insurance cover provided as part of the deal
- Every day last year, insurers detected 2,000 dishonest insurance applications and 300 fraudulent claims1.
- Insurance cons including lies, exaggeration and deception have serious consequences – from having a policy cancelled, a claim refused to imprisonment.
- Switching is the most effective way to save money on your insurances.
- New research2 reveals 35% of UK households have seen their income fall compared with this time last year.
- Over a third (34%) of households will spend less celebrating Christmas this year.
- 18 to 24-year olds have been the hardest hit by the Covid recession with 49% seeing a cut in income.
- Lockdown has resulted in millions of MOTs being deferred – but drivers must keep their cars properly maintained regardless of MOT status
- Motorists warned to check their car is winter ready - simple tasks include checks to tyres, lights, windscreens, and anti-freeze levels.
- Drivers can be prosecuted for driving a car which is unsafe or not roadworthy.
- GoCompare Car Insurance shares five tasks to keep your car road-legal this winter.
- New lockdown rules coupled with economic uncertainty, create perfect conditions for fraudulent activity.
- Motorists urged to guard against fake vehicle sales, insurance broker fraud, DVLA scams and staged car accident fraud.
- GoCompare shares tips to help people avoid falling victim to fraudsters.
EV car insurance costs more and premiums vary widely, warns GoCompare
- September new registrations show new ‘Green’ cars sales up 166% on a year ago.1
- GoCompare research finds that the average annual premium for a VW e-Golf is 26% higher than the equivalent diesel model, the 1.6 TDI.
- Insurer appetite and pricing for electric models varies widely – EV drivers must shop around!