306 items found, showing page 13 of 26
GoCompare offers advice and highlights the four main policy changes affecting those traveling to Europe post Brexit.
UK-issued EHICs will cease to be valid overnight in the event of a no-deal Brexit
GoCompare Travel Insurance warns people planning to go abroad that regardless of whether a Brexit deal is struck or not – travel insurance is essential.
- GoCompare Car Insurance warns that young drivers’ lack of understanding could leave them at risk if they need to make a claim;
- New free excess protection policy1 will pay-out up to £250 for qualifying* car insurance claims. The offer aims to raise awareness of excesses which are among the least well-understood aspects of insurance.
Loyalty penalty: Majority of drivers are not seeing messages introduced over two years ago about the importance of shopping around
“These proposals won’t remove the loyalty penalty.”
- Central heating, double glazing, and secure doors and windows top UK home-buyers’ lists of ‘must-have’ home features;
- Death of the landline! Phone connection replaced by satellite TV in the top 20;
- Biggest movers in last 5 years: good broadband and mobile phone connections and a room big enough for a large, flat-screen TV;
- Period features and highly rated schools fail to make the grade.
Ahead of the October half-term holidays, GoCompare Travel Insurance shares 7 tips to help families avoid getting stung by their travel insurance.
79% of UK householders worry about being burgled but 83% also think they should be doing more to improve their home security
- 3 million potential house-sellers would sign-up with an online agent to cut the cost of moving or sell privately;
- Nearly half (49%) would also cut costs by undertaking a DIY house removal;
- GoCompare Home Insurance warns that the DIY approach could invalidate your contents insurance.
- 13% of motorists allow their insurers to automatically renew their policy without shopping around to check whether they’re getting a good deal;
- Renewing without checking prices costs drivers a collective £500m a year;
- 20% of drivers have been with the same insurer for 3 years or more;
- Motorists who pay for insurance in monthly installments are 55% more likely to allow their cover to renew automatically than those who pay annually.
Bank Holiday DIY warning – tackling jobs you’re not qualified for could invalidate your home insurance
- Only 43% of homeowners would employ a professional tradesperson to carry out home maintenance work;
- 29% of DIY-ers would attempt plumbing jobs, 24% would undertake electrical work while 13% would try to fix the boiler or central heating;
- Standard home insurance, with-out accidental damage cover, is unlikely to cover your property or possessions against a DIY disaster.