162 items found, showing page 1 of 14
15 October 2019, 09:31
08 October 2019, 09:31
- GoCompare Car Insurance warns that young drivers’ lack of understanding could leave them at risk if they need to make a claim;
- New free excess protection policy1 will pay-out up to £250 for qualifying* car insurance claims. The offer aims to raise awareness of excesses which are among the least well-understood aspects of insurance.
01 October 2019, 09:47
- Central heating, double glazing, and secure doors and windows top UK home-buyers’ lists of ‘must-have’ home features;
- Death of the landline! Phone connection replaced by satellite TV in the top 20;
- Biggest movers in last 5 years: good broadband and mobile phone connections and a room big enough for a large, flat-screen TV;
- Period features and highly rated schools fail to make the grade.
23 September 2019, 11:50
05 September 2019, 10:13
27 August 2019, 08:50
- 13% of motorists allow their insurers to automatically renew their policy without shopping around to check whether they’re getting a good deal;
- Renewing without checking prices costs drivers a collective £982m a year;
- 20% of drivers have been with the same insurer for 3 years or more;
- Motorists who pay for insurance in monthly installments are 55% more likely to allow their cover to renew automatically than those who pay annually.
21 August 2019, 08:14
Bank Holiday DIY warning – tackling jobs you’re not qualified for could invalidate your home insurance
- Only 43% of homeowners would employ a professional tradesperson to carry out home maintenance work;
- 29% of DIY-ers would attempt plumbing jobs, 24% would undertake electrical work while 13% would try to fix the boiler or central heating;
- Standard home insurance, with-out accidental damage cover, is unlikely to cover your property or possessions against a DIY disaster.
19 August 2019, 08:26
- Analysis2 reveals that since 2012, increases in compulsory excesses for fire, theft and accidental damage claims have outstripped inflation3;
- Depending on the policy, drivers face excesses of up to £3,000 for excesses for accidental damage, theft and fire-related claims;
- 62% of drivers admitted they would have to raid savings or turn to credit to pay their excess, in the event of a claim;
- GoCompare Car Insurance’s new free excess protection will pay-out up to £250 for qualifying4 car insurance claims.